Hi Ken!


I had a lot of fun stepping out of my comfort zone with this look, I'm not one to wear a lot of color and I can't remember the last time I owned bright pink clothing apart from workout tops.  With my light blonde hair, and the tone of this pink I admit I feel a bit like a Barbie doll, but it's fun! :)  My dress is from a very affordable, online boutique called Thread Lust and they have new arrivals every day at 2pm!  I follow them on instagram and it's awesome because they always posts pictures of the new arrivals coming in that day.  For reference, I am 5'8 wearing a size small and it's not too short, even with the scoop hem that is also mimicked on the sleeves.  When I first saw how bright this dress was I wanted to tone it down with neutral accessories, but went with complimentary colored shoes and pink mirrored sunglasses!! 
Having more color actually tones down the dress, so your eyes are focusing on more than just one area.  If you decide to add more color/ pattern to something that is already loud you need to make sure everything compliments each other. The easiest way to find a complimentary color is by using a color wheel and picking colors directly across from each other.  (Mine are technically split complements-I'll post a great color wheel below)  Chances are if you put something on, and you think it looks good, then by all means rock it!  Confidence is what ultimately makes or breaks an outfit. 








All Images are Lady J Memories



Dress/Thread Lust   Clutch/Thrifted Similar  Heels/Nine West 'Tatiana'




Have a wonderful week! <3  xo Rachel




 

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment